Thursday, July 06, 2006

Something New

Can you ski on a paddle? I can. How about get air, while standing on a kneeboard? Easy. I can do a lot of things;fairly easy I might add.

But the things that I remember best and am most proud of are of a different nature. Have you ever felt the touch of Gods arms wrapping around you as He presses your head to his cheek? Have you put your hands on someone in prayer and had them collapse under the power of God? Or been so into His presence that others could feel heat radiating from you from a foot away?

I have put forth so little effort into my relationship with God and He has blessed me with so much. Just think of what I would experience if I searched diligently for His presence in everything I did.

I'm startingto catch a glimpse of this. It's not actually about recieving anythingfrom God. The blessing comes from the searching. The people you meet, the people you help, the people you lead to Christ. I am happy that I have been at Southern Poly for this past year. I know that God has used me to make a difference in the lives of my classmates. Though I may never see that difference, I know that God has a plan for everyone, and maybe I'm simply there to open the door. I do admit that I've screwed up. I'v missed God's prodding on several occasions and tried to ignore it on many others until the prodding ceased.

Obviously, there are some things that I have to work on, but I am learning. I am exploring every medium I can to learn more about God and the way He wants me to live and tell others about Him. I'm praying a lot more than I used to, as well as reading the word. I'm reading other books as well, like the Left Behind series and the movies. I find that movies that exhonorate the Christian Life are very helpful in teaching us. Also I'm to the sermons of Billy Humphrey. He's the pastor of IHOP Atlanta. Just listening to him has changed my view of God over the past 2 weeks, from distant and uninterested to very close and very powerful, and very loving.

The way this guy talks about God is so far beyond me. He gets so excited when he's preaching. I can't even imagine how much of Gods love he has recieved, and how much he has had to search for it. But I don't care how much it takes, or how much it hurts, or how long it takes, I will search for His longing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Goofy Chic said...

Wow! again. I am truly enjoying you sharing your heart. Don't stop writing.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home