Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm so proud of myself! :)

I was insecure for a very long time. I know I wasn't born that way because God don't wake junk, but somehow, over the years, I just yielded to satans prodding until I lost my backbone. From other kids my age to my brothers and - don't get me wrong, I have the best parents in the world, but they contributed too. I was a shriveled up mess. I am not, by any means, master of this area of my life now but I am, at least moving in the right direction.

I have a faith in God that is stronger now than only days ago because I see now that he has put so much ability in me already that before I was pleading for. He couldn't give it to me because He alreaady had. I just didn't know it was there and I didn't know where to find it.

Just an example: I met Mom and Dad for dinner yesterday at Ruby Tuesday's and there was this really cute waitress and Mom pointed out the, already known to me fact that she thought I was a little good looking too; not that I put on the dog to go eat supper with my parents, but I was not looking my worst. Any way, in previous situations that would have made me very uncomfortable and quite self-conscious, but to even my amazement it didn't. I can't explain where this change occured without a minimum of an hour rambling, but perhaps if I get a chance I could give an abreviated version.

So I am proud to be important enough to God that He would give me not only a moments notice but rather a hand on my shoulder for the rest of my life. I pray that I never find myself in the desert and can not find Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home