Friday, June 16, 2006

God is Awsome

There I was, standing on the brink of life and death. I had to make a choice. Options so trivial should be easy to ignore. However, such temptations have become all too familiar to my blackened flesh. I was standing there, toes hanging over the edge of an unfathomable chasm. I could see His presence, resonating on the far side but I could not, alone, bring myself to Him. I was undeniably going to plummet to my deserving death and God would be forced to stare in terror as his son fell to oblivion.

But my death was not inevitible, nor was it unavoidable. My destiny was not written to end at that chasm. I was saved at the very fringe of my existance. God found a way; He broke the silence that I had accepted in my heart and made his will conscious to me. He sent his daughter to deliver a message to me and give me hope for the approaching and eminent communion.

Assuredly, I was not meant for death at that chasm, rather, I was meant for a boundless life. God has lifted me up from the grave and given me such life that my eyes can see the foundation of that abyss rising to my feet. That which was once seen as impassable has dissolved to a direct trail to the manifest glory that I saw from the far side of the gorge.

God, take me in. Make me new. Iwant to be cutting edge, and forefront. My heart can not sustain all of your presence, but convey to me the utmost intimacy that I can embrace.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Georgia Verderys said...

Erich,
What a tight blog! Yes I mean tight. I'm glad I got to be the first to comment on it. You are the best!!
Love,
Mutti

8:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Erich,
Yeah you have a blog. You need pictures. We miss you so much.

Jen

10:37 PM  
Blogger One of us Suttons said...

Welcome to blogging! Love all the posts and I am so happy I could cry right on my keyboard. There is sunshine after that long tunnel. Remember what I shared about prayer. I love it when God does His thing in those we love. Keep truckin friend.
Deb

8:39 PM  
Blogger David Verdery said...

Sweet Erich. I hope my present is helping. Ya know. I am going to talk to the head dude here in 2 days and then I will talk to ya and tell you the details as soon as I know if we can go into the backcountry. I love ya.

P.S.

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home